Tuesday, August 16, 2011

on this vomitorium

I’d like very much to cite (read: scapegoat) quality control for my total lack of updates, but this strikes me as a profoundly unprofessional thing to do (namely, it assumes that what is already here is “quality”). I think I remember originally writing something about this being the equivalent of mental/emotional vomit upon that vast canvas we call the internet, so I really shouldn’t put forth these pretentious notions that what I write is necessarily beneficial to that infinite, dark canvas. It just is.

(On a slightly unrelated note, this is my general view on the degree to which a massive communication forum is primarily malignant or positive for humanity: to grade such a massive object on such terms is pretty much an exercise in futility and, again, pretentiousness – no one ever weighs the pros and cons of humanity having vocal chords)

All this to say, I aim to increase my use of this so-called “vomitorium”, partially because a) I have been profoundly affected to hear that several friends of mine regularly check for updates (and regularly find themselves disappointed), and b) as an aspiring writer, it seems to be a deep mark against me to not maintain a simple site with the sole mission of containing my unorganized, unchecked, and (reasonably) unedited thoughts on life, the universe, and everything.

What say we dive in together then, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment